If you’ve been looking for something to help with adult acne, red skin, or just need a little extra hydration to combat dryness, then CBD skin care products may just be the answer you’re looking for.
While most people associate CBD with pills, capsules, or oils, skin care products containing cannabidiol are all the rage. In fact, there are a number of celebrities who endorse these skin products. Included among them are actresses Mandy Moore and Olivia Wilde, as well as Victoria’s Secret model, Alessandra Ambrosio.
Still, celebrity endorsements aside, you can’t help but wonder why cannabidiol is touted as a cure-all for adult skincare issues. The answer is actually rooted in science.
Key Benefits of Using CBD-infused Skincare Products
There are many benefits to using CBD-infused skincare products – and when combined, the benefits can truly elevate your skincare routine. Just a few examples include:
- CBD helps to regulate healthy cell growth, which promotes a healthy glow and can even help to balance out skin discolorations or scarring over time
- Decreases inflammation, which includes the redness associated with several skin disorders (including adult acne)
- Improves hydration, not only topically but on a cellular level.
- Minimizes moisture lost throughout your daily life by creating a natural barrier
- Stimulates the production of natural, vital fats in both the visible layer of skin and the sebaceous glands underneath
How does it work?
CBD oil is a natural anti-inflammatory. This is because it contains CB2 receptors, which are also found in a mammal’s immune system. When applied topically, these receptors stimulate a beneficial immune response which helps the body naturally fight inflammation.
Inflammation is responsible for a lot of what goes wrong with the human body. This includes issues like dry skin, eczema, psoriasis, and other skin conditions. It is also what causes joint pain and swelling, which means that the same lotions you might use to combat dry skin could have the potential of alleviating (or at least lessening) joint pain. Double bonus!
Of course, while the anti-inflammatory reaction produced by cannabidiol receptors are responsible for most of the benefits obtained by CBD-infused beauty products, there are additional benefits provided that really put these skincare products over the top.
Primarily, cannabidiol is a natural source of essential fatty acids that are vital to keeping skin healthy and moisturized. These nutrients are both natural, and easily penetrate the top layers of skin to moisturize deep down.
Often, skincare products containing CBD are combined with other natural ingredients that help your skin get the most possible benefit.
How To Get The Most Benefit
To get the most benefit from CBD-infused skincare products, we recommend the following tips:
- Always wash your face with a gentle soap before applying moisturizing products
- Apply lotions to the face while it is still just slightly damp, as this locks in moisture
- Only use products that use certified organic CBD
- Stick to your beauty routine daily, without skipping days
- Remember to switch your routine during the summer and winter months, as your skin has different needs dependent on the weather